¿Concordancia en plural?

A discussion of the peculiarities of languages and the differences between them.
J_22_M
Junior Lexiterian

Postby J_22_M » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:44 pm

The one great thing I LOVE about one of my brain problems is the faulty short term memory. I already have forgotten most of which person has said what thus far..........A psychologist friend taught me ages ago, "work smarter, not harder".

Ha, looking on the bright side there!
That, "work smarter not harder" quote is one of my Dad's favorite's, by the way.

Does bold help any?

And one last question if you don't mind me prying. What do you mean by "walk" backwards? I've been trying to get my head around that!

Welcome,
-j

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:31 am

What the man in the black hat said. (Larry, is it an Eddy by any chance?)

. . .
No, Gail got it; the clue was too easy for those in the know.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:42 am

. . .The one great thing I LOVE about one of my brain problems is the faulty short term memory. I already have forgotten most of which person has said what thus far.......karen
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:21 am

As some of you may already know, I am one of the "newbees" here.I just had to speak up. I always try to find humor in everything, and in this forum, it runs rampant.

stargzer- How many cups of coffee do you drink on a daily basis? :wink: Your mind stays on the run! Sooo funny.

gailr-I like your style, very witty, I could use your type of humor living out here in GA --Out the world and up a pine tree--My west cost humor is sometimes snuffed out being "on planet south".No offense to the Southern Race, but you know what they say..You can take the girl from the city...... If you have read my first few posts, you know the story(hint..Rebel or Yankee?) But at least I can breathe better out here!
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:02 am

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Geez, Gzer, I am sooo disappointed in you. You know very well it ends "and the wisdom to hide the bodies..."

Huny: welcome to the agora! Post early, post often, post with panache! My sister lived in Georgia for awhile, and she fit in very well there. You may take that however you like. :) I have a whole slew of other relatives drifting steadily off to the "west coast". Your humor, whether rebel or damn yankee, will surely find a receptive home here.

-gailr

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:19 am

What the man in the black hat said. (Larry, is it an Eddy by any chance?)

. . .
No, Gail got it; the clue was too easy for those in the know.
So is it this one? Image Or perhaps the braid instead of the snakeskin?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:49 pm

gailr,

Thank you for the warm welcome! As usual I see your humor. I think I fit in here in GA. I think people here in the south are courious about me. They can never figure out what ( for lack of a better term) race/ backround I am. I think it is funny. It did keep me on guard for the first few years. I startled me. Then I learned to relax and go with the flow. I am used to blending into the backround in CA. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I would ever go back to CA once I think about it. I feel like I may live longer staying right where I am. Catch my drift?

Also, the hat thing had me holding my side. I could use all this humor. Laughter really is the best medicine even if there is nothing to cure.
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:55 pm

. . .
Geez, Gzer, I am sooo disappointed in you. You know very well it ends "and the wisdom to hide the bodies..."
. . . -gailr
No, Gail girl, that's another quote altogether:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they angered me off.
-- Don Reinhold de Palermo
Regards//Larry

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:57 pm

. . .
stargzer- How many cups of coffee do you drink on a daily basis? :wink: Your mind stays on the run! Sooo funny.
. . .
I've cut back to one 12-ounce mug of weapons-grade espresso per day . . . :shock:
Regards//Larry

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:13 pm

Stargzer

lol...I know who I want to have on my side if something bad ever goes down! :lol:

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:04 pm

careful huny Stargzer will most likely, by his own admission be the cause of this bad stuff going down business.

mark

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Bailey,LOL! I will keep that in mind. .. Boy, stargzer, have they got you number around here or what?

vitalijkopz
Junior Lexiterian

Postby vitalijkopz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:35 pm

</span><table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"><tr> <td><spa...
You think, that I infernal, Brazilian dude?

Effective intellectual advertising at forums. Analogues are not present. e-mail: info@advv.ru, ICQ: 352734559

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Bailey » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:05 pm

Spam, SPAM, SPAM SPAMITY SPAM.
And does your post make any MORE sense? no.

mark nuff-said Bailey

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:43 am

Alas, that there is no way to send a Cruise Missive loaded with high explosives to Spammers and others of their ilk!

:cry:
Regards//Larry

Return to “Languages of the World”