Deletion of multiple postings

What would you like to see on our site?
M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Deletion of multiple postings

Postby M. Henri Day » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:04 pm

I thought I knew how to do this, but now that I have inadvertently sent the same message twice to the Optimus learnibus lingua Latina este? thread, I discover that I have overestimated my powers. Would it be too much to ask for a button that allows us to delete our own postings ? Sometimes provisions are provided for checking a box called «Delete this post», sometimes not, but I have as yet been unable to discover the underlying pattern....

Henri

PS : I think I have it ! In the event that one's post is the last on a given thread, one can delete it either by clicking on the «edit» button or a button next to it marked with a cross, both at the upper right-hand corner of the posting. If the posting in question has, in the meantime, been followed by others, the deletion option is no longer available. Is this surmise correct, O Administrator ?...
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Speed
Junior Lexiterian

That surmision might be correct.

Postby Speed » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:10 pm

That could be the case, you should be able to delete posts with the little blue X, but it could definitely be the case that once somebody has replied to the thread, it's too late.

-Andrew

Speed
Junior Lexiterian

Yes, that seems to be the case

Postby Speed » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:11 pm

I can't delete the previous post, but can delete this one. (I'm posting under this user because my administrator user can delete anything and that sort of ruins the experiment. :) )

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:27 pm

Is there any way to correct this, so that postings can be deleted even after someone has posted a reply ? This would be useful, as mentioned above, in the case of inadvertent multiple postings ; on the other Agora, some participants also seem to have felt themselves constrained (I have a theory as to by whom, but shan't bore fellow Agorists with the details) to remove all their postings from the forum - at least they did so and disappeared, never to return. I found this unfortunate, but think it important that participants be able to delete their own postings should they deem it necessary....

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:16 pm

I agree with Henri!

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Me, too!

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Am I seeing double? That's fraudulent counting!

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:05 pm

Apo gets two votes because he was devious enough to have a different name at the other Agora.

-Tim :P

KatyBr
Wordmaster

Postby KatyBr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:46 pm

APO gets two votes anyway! :( :x

Katy

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:06 pm

LOL!

Thanks for indulging me, Tim and Katy!

Apo

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:37 am

Perhaps I should have started a poll on this matter ? Of course, Apo would have voted twice, but the authorities could have taken that into consideration when interpreting the results....

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Return to “Suggestions”