Top : Languages > South American Languages
South American Languages
- A substantial beginning dictionary of Carib by the Summer Institute of Linguistics.
- The 1993 revision of the Vocabulario Tarahumara de Samachique (1959); contains new entries, and illustrative sentences for many entries.
- John Montgomery’s Dictionary of Maya Hieroglyphs presents over 1,200 hieroglyphs and glyph compounds.
- SUNY Albany Department of Anthropology searchable database.
- Short list but complete and to the point.
- Dicionário bilíngue nas línguas Paumarí e Portuguesa (778 pages)
- A short dictionary covering verbs of motion and transport in Mixtec as spoken in Alacatlatzala, Guerrero, Mexico. Includes illustrative sentences, a Spanish-Mixtec section, and notes on grammar and orthography.
- An expanded version (1995) of the Vocabulario Popoluca de Sayula (1960). Indicates the part of speech for each entry. Some entries include illustrative sentences.
- by John Beard Haviland of Canberra, Australia (1980 )
- um Estudo Preliminar em Forma Transformacional