- This is the best online etymological dictionary of English as of February 2006. Written by Douglas Harper.
- Authoritative etymological glossary of the names of US states carefully researched by alphaDictionary and The Lexiteria
- Advanced English words from Latin Greek reference groups with definitions in thematic units with some self scoring quizzes.
- Altaic, Caucasian, Kamchadal, Dravidian, Semitic and Sino-Tibetan Languages. A formidable research tool.
- Indo-European Roots Index. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000
- Access to Latin-Greek lists used for learning English words and etymologies as well as self scoring quizzes and vocabulary definitions
- Investigates interesting phrase origins. Viewer submissions welcome. Definitions and examples included.
- The Roots of English: Roots of English: an Etymological Dictionary by Prof. Eugene Cotter, Seton Hall University. AbleMedia Gold Chalice winning freeware from CTCWeb.
- False and true etymologies of words and phrases plus word myths.