Bad Word of the Day

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Bad Word of the Day

Postby sluggo » Thu May 31, 2007 9:59 am

From the department of surplus free time, a niche to bitch about your unfavourite contemporary hack-spressions recently and illadvisedly invented. Rant mode on...

• going / moving forward • ignore it!
Today's bad word comes, as perhaps most do, from various vacuous talking TV heads looking for extra verbage to fill space in lieu of substance (even more than they already do)
Meaning: if anything, 'in future' or 'as we go' or, since progressing backwards in time is impossible, none really.
In Play: My phone carrier advises via text message:
"Your auto-pay request has been processed. Please be sure to make manual payments moving forward"
History: I've been hearing this maybe six months. I hope it moves backward.
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Huny
Lexiterian

Re: Bad Word of the Day

Postby Huny » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:35 am

Please be sure to make manual payments moving forward"[/color]
Does this mean you have to be in a forward moving motion like walking, jogging ,or even an all out trot or run in order the meet their payment requirements? :lol:

Not so funny Huny :wink:
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Postby sluggo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:25 pm

Does this mean you have to be in a forward moving motion like walking, jogging ,or even an all out trot or run in order the meet their payment requirements? :lol:

:lol: I hadn't thought of that. I guess if you were at a drive-up ATM and left the engine on and in gear, that would be one way to make a payment moving forward. Wouldn't give you much time though.

One of their lackeys on the phone kept saying something about how I had "counseled" my autopay (for cancelled). Geez I hope I gave it good advice.

Swelcome back, Huny!
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:13 pm

:lol: I hadn't thought of that. I guess if you were at a drive-up ATM and left the engine on and in gear, that would be one way to make a payment moving forward. Wouldn't give you much time though.

One of their lackeys on the phone kept saying something about how I had "counseled" my autopay (for cancelled). Geez I hope I gave it good advice.

Swelcome back, Huny!
Thanks sluggo! I'm sure your counseling was just what it needed. Just keep in mind: Even "forward moving payments" need some counseling from time to time - just like the Geico caveman does while putting his mother on speaker phone. Maybe this is all indicative of the way things are "moving forward" these days. :wink:

Huny
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Idioms”