The Alpha Agora will be a permanent home for discussions of words and language.
heto
Junior Lexiterian

Postby heto » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks. The term "store-issued debit/rebate cards" doesn't cover in-store credit or gift/cash cards or gift certificates. I need an unambiguous and intuitively understandable umbrella term to cover them all that also doesn't overlap with the purpose of "credit accounts".

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: ...

Postby Slava » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks. The term "store-issued debit/rebate cards" doesn't cover in-store credit or gift/cash cards or gift certificates. I need an unambiguous and intuitively understandable umbrella term to cover them all that also doesn't overlap with the purpose of "credit accounts".
Perhaps the general term of abuse we've used for years would suit: Plastic.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

heto
Junior Lexiterian

Re: ...

Postby heto » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Perhaps the general term of abuse we've used for years would suit: Plastic.
Thanks, but, to me, the term "Plastic" DOES OVERLAP (intuitively) with the purpose of "credit accounts". Also, to me, it doesn't serve well as the umbrella term I mentioned in the above post you quoted.

Thanks anyway.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby LukeJavan8 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:27 pm

We need to return to the "gold standard".
I'd take Kruggerands.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “WELCOME HOME!”