Google moves from the Web to Websters

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Google moves from the Web to Websters

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:57 pm

Read how Google has moved from the Web to Websters and British potato farmers ask the OED to remove "couch potato" from the dictionary. And more.

Maybe we need a "Language in the News" shop in the Agora where we can discuss issues like the commonization of Google and pass on tips about new stories.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Google moves from the Web to Websters

Postby Slava » Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 pm

See our new feature "Language in the News" linked to the home page or just click here. Read how Google has moved from the Web to Websters and British potato farmers ask the OED to remove "couch potato" from the dictionary. And more.

Maybe we need a "Language in the News" shop in the Agora where we can discuss issues like the commonization of Google and pass on tips about new stories.
Well, I don't know about you folks, but I think the new forum idea is a good one. I've only read a couple of the posts in the other section, but I think they'd be a great addition to the Agora. If we could get them posted here, we wouldn't have to go looking for them, too. Plus, we could comment to our hearts' desire, even when the main link doesn't accept comments.

Any takers out there?
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

LukeJavan8
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Google moves from the Web to Websters

Postby LukeJavan8 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 am

See our new feature "Language in the News" linked to the home page or just click here. Read how Google has moved from the Web to Websters and British potato farmers ask the OED to remove "couch potato" from the dictionary. And more.

Words and language in the news: having just posted
a word in "suggestions" I saw in a news article about
the Louisiana oil spill, I think I would enjoy this.
-----please, draw me a sheep-----

Return to “Site News”