New Feature: Generational Slang Checkup

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

UMmmmmm.....

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:44 am

Lets just leave that one alone! :oops:
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:49 am

Sunny, I believe I'd rather be in your position--old mind with young body and spirit than in mine--young mind with old body and spirit!

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I think I'll go take my nap now.

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Depressing

Postby Perry » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:39 am

I did take the test and it put me in the 60's! How depressing. Whats a girl to do with an old mind and a young body and spirit?

Perhaps the test isn't foolproof. It may have taken longer for some of the 60s slang to reach Calgary. In other words, you may be a girl of the 90's using pre-owned slang.

It's just a thought from this eternaly young 1954 vintage Agorite.

PS to Skinem: You are lucky that they let you take naps. I need to have a raging fever before I get to take a nap in my mmadhouse! :?
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:44 am

Sunny, your mind prolly wouldn't score so old if you didn't carry around quotes from 2500-year-old philosophers... :P

I scored in the 50's as well. I found that my vocabulary was a mix of eras, depending on the subject.

I agree with Bailey. My vocabulary was also highly influenced by that of my parents. And I'm sure that those expressions that scored from the 40's and 50's were ones that I 'inherited' from them.

I also think that living in a rural area will probably result in 'older' scores. City-slickers usually come up with the latest catch phrases.

-Tim

Return to “Site News”