Euphemisms and Hidden Words

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Euphemisms and Hidden Words

Postby Dr. Goodword » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 pm

I just put up two new lists linked to the alphaDictionary homepage: Euphemisms for 'Crazy' and 'Stupid' and Hidden Words, words we no longer notice inside other words.

About two years ago, I promised to put up a page of euphemistic phrases we use to replace words like crazy and stupid and asked that you suggest a few. Well, I have at last done that, featuring prominently the three contributors that actually took me up on my request. If you can think of any other such phrases, please submit them through our contact page.

The other list is one of words that have fascinated me for the past 30 years to the point that I have collected all I could find. The link to that page is located in the left column in small letters. Think about it and, if you know of any others, the offer is open for this one, too.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Euphemisms and Hidden Words

Postby Slava » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 am

Here is a direct link to the euphemisms page: https://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/crazy.html

For the life of me, I can't figure out where the hidden words one is. Hidden well, that one is. :-(

Return to “Site News”