Not receiving GW in e-mail?

What's new at alphaDictionary.com.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Not receiving GW in e-mail?

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sun May 19, 2019 7:40 am

I usually monitor the Good Words at all three of my e-mail addresses. Suddenly, last week, I didn't receive any. So I reregistered and, to my surprise, all three of the e-mail addresses were accepted. That meant that all three had been deleted by MailChimp.

So, if you are not receiving GWs by e-mail, try reregistering. Andrew tells me he has fixed the problem but if you are still not getting them, try reregistering using the same e-mail address and password.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are making big changes.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Not receiving GW in e-mail?

Postby Slava » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:59 pm

I haven't gotten my subscription e-mail since June 4, 2021. I see it in other ways, so it's not a big deal, but it is odd that registrations can get ghosted from time to time.

Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Goodword » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:15 pm

According to Chimpmail your GW received a "hard bounce" on June 6. That blocks all subsequent e-mails, since it usually comes from dead e-mail addresses.

Do you or your ISP have a spam blocker? I don't know how we got the reputation, but another subscriber was blocked because his spam blocker blocked all e-mail addresses with a "reputation" for spam. Not only have we never sent spam (though mass e-mails are assumed by some spam blockers to be spam) nor had anyone use our address for spam.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:03 pm

The only spam filter on my provider's end that I know of is one that puts things into a spam folder for me to review. The words have never been there.

Return to “Site News”