Thread transpositions

What would you like to see on our site?
M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Thread transpositions

Postby M. Henri Day » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:32 pm

Today Dr Goodword kindly chose a word which I had suggested, «tergiversate», as GWotD. Presumably, his excellent elucidation will in time, when he returns from his gallivant to NYC, be posted to the Agora, thus starting a new thread under the «Good Word Discussion» rubric. But there already exists a thread on this topic, under the «Good Word Suggestions» rubric ! I can't help wondering if it would not be possible for our good Doctor (or our good administrator) to incorporate earlier «suggestion threads» into new «discussion threads», in order to avoid a dichotimisation of discussions dealing with one and the same topic....

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:03 am

My good Henri!

Let them that want more background seek it out!

It is enough that they seek! Bringing in the old stuff has always put off the newbies and their (seemingly) infantile questions.

I prefer to let them sort it out again, and seeming somewhat godlike in the process, find comfort that they come to the same conclusion as we did in the past, however much more eloquently!

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

uncronopio
Lexiterian

Postby uncronopio » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:19 pm

I think that a link from the discussion of the word of the day to the discussion of the suggested word will suffice.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." -- Mark Twain

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:02 pm

Perhaps Andrew The Board God could move the thread from the "Good Word Suggestions" section to the "Good Word Discussion" section and put in a link in the old thread to the new thread. I think Brad did that at the old site for one thread.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Suggestions”