HELP!

What would you like to see on our site?
damoge
Senior Lexiterian

HELP!

Postby damoge » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:42 pm

have to change my password but can't find where to do so. PLEASE can this process be made more transparent? i don't want to have to memorize the password provided when i needed to change--1LHZDJB7XTQXY-- you can see why.
Everything works out, one way or another

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: HELP!

Postby Slava » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:35 am

Click on "User Control Panel".

Then "Edit account settings".

There you will see the necessary boxes.

You will need the computer-generated one, but only then.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

damoge
Senior Lexiterian

Postby damoge » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:18 pm

thanks, slava! UCP does not jump out at one, and even then it was not direct to put it in, but it worked! Now if I can just store this information somewhere where I can retrieve it in future (since brain has so many holes)...

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 am

When you next log in, Check the box below the password line that reads "Log me in automatically...". That eliminates the log-in step. Write it down someplace, anyway, but that does help.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

damoge
Senior Lexiterian

Postby damoge » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Well, it helps if you remember that you did, and if your timing is correct. Mine seldom is. I clicked on that when I couldn't get to the right place to change it, thereby freezing in the long one issued me when I couldn't get in. Figured at the time that I would never remember that string, so... Then with your help, got the new one, and forgot I had to get rid of the old.

Today when I tried to sign in, it refused. I'm happy to report it took only a split second of looking at the length of the string of dots on the password line to figure out what happened, removed that, entered new, AND said keep this one.

Sigh. I hate getting old and stupid.

Return to “Suggestions”