Letter of Appreciation

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

Letter of Appreciation

Postby Dr. Goodword » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:28 am

This morning I found the following letter from Greg Moore via the contact page. It is only the second I have received in 14 years of writing Good Words pretty much the same way at yourDictionary and alphaDictionary--both came this year.
I wanted to send a general note of appreciation. I've been a big fan of the daily Good Words for some time now and for myriad reasons, one of which being the inventive names that you use In Play. One of my favorites is Mollie Spanser-Downe. I recently learned while reading The Splendid and the Vile that Mollie Panter-Downes was a real British writer. I had no idea, and I just want to say that your namesake for her is wonderfully clever.

I love the silly concocted names. Some of my other favorites are Ben de Hellenbeque, Lucinda Head, Cody Fendant, Anita Job, William Arami, Rhoda Book, Preston Starcht, Gladys Friday, Al Kaselsa, Cally Pygian, Jason Ranebose, Gloria Sass, and Lon Moore.
That's it. Just wanted to say thanks for providing such enlightening, edifying, intriguing word lessons for us logophiles. Keep up the good work :)

All of them may be found here.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Letter of Appreciation

Postby Slava » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:34 am

Always fun to peruse the list of fun names. I sometimes try to come up with a new one, but it's not that easy to do.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

Return to “Res Diversae”