Kinkajou

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Palewriter
Lexiterian

Kinkajou

Postby Palewriter » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:47 am

Just in from the wire:

A kinkajou (described as "a razor-toothed, racoon-like creature" in the less-than-reliable media) has apparently bitten hotel heiress and media whatever, Paris Hilton. While my heart goes out to the kinkajou (I mean, who knows where she's been?), my sympathies, of course, extend to the hotel heiress and media whatever. Somewhat. Though why anyone would be fooling around with a razor-toothed, racoon-like creature in the first place is beyond me. My guess is that they'll send the little rodent to rodent heaven. I know I would. If that happens, and if Paris is lonely, I can send her a razor-toothed real-racoon creature anytime. Vicious little buggers, they'd be happy to bite anyone that angers them off. No charge.

So where does the name "kinkajou" come from? Is it indiginous to Central/South America, whence my hero hails? Or is this some European overlay? Enquiring minds simply want to know.

The other good news is that "its saliva contains a harmful, species-specific bacteria." Hopefully not specific to media heiresses and media whatevers. But if it is, it'd bring a whole new meaning to the concept of celebrity spotting.

-- PW
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

frank
Lexiterian

Re: Kinkajou

Postby frank » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:09 am

So where does the name "kinkajou" come from? Is it indiginous to Central/South America, whence my hero hails? Or is this some European overlay? Enquiring minds simply want to know.
An arboreal mammal (Potos flavus) of Central and South America, having brownish fur and a long, prehensile tail. Also called honey bear.
ETYMOLOGY:French quincajou, wolverine, probably blend of Ojibwa gwiingwa'aage and Montagnais kuàkuàtsheu.
AHD

Here is a picture (of the kinkajou immediately after having bitten Paris Hilton).
Last edited by frank on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bailey
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Kinkajou

Postby Bailey » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:23 pm

A kinkajou (described as "a razor-toothed, racoon-like creature" <snip> I can send her a razor-toothed real-racoon creature anytime. Vicious little buggers, they'd be happy to bite anyone that angers them off.
I wonder if the domestic housecat can be designated as having razor-sharp teeth, because they do. And btw, They DO bite, I'd have to be that criteria include them in this category, also they are Vicious little buggers and yet countless people keep them and that (shudder) *litterbox* in their homes. PW send her a tabby, she deserves nothing less.
Maybe Paris likes the name and she can afford the exotic pet and all the fees for same etc.
At any rate the description the narrator gave of the kinkajou is not that scary to me, love my pet, love his claws and teeth.

mark prefers-dogs-thanks Bailey
maybe Paris likes the name and she can afford the exotic pet and all the fees for same etc.

-- PW

Today is the first day of the rest of your life, Make the most of it...
kb

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:09 pm

Maybe she had kinkajou confused with Pikachu . . .

Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Res Diversae”