Kids outdoors v electronics

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Perry Lassiter
Great Grand Panjandrum

Kids outdoors v electronics

Postby Perry Lassiter » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Article on electronic words replacing naturewords in kids' dictionaries. Any problem here is with parents who permit kids to stay hooked on electronics rather than getting outside. As far as I know, all of my grandkids and great grandkids have spent plenty of outdoor time in their yards, playing fields and woods. I recognize the shift to cities gives a different problem, but even cities pride themselves in parks. Parents may have to sacrifice some of their time to supervise kids in parks, but its part of the responsibility you take on when you have a kid. Also and argument to consider suburbs and small town in choosing a residence. Still, it's worth a notice that kids are growing up with a whole new sub-language...

https://qz.com/1091901/books-for-kids-t ... a64bac9fc7
pl

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Kids outdoors v electronics

Postby Slava » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 pm

I expect this has been going on forever, from generation to generation. I can't name many birds. Or trees. And I didn't grow up in the computer age.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

goldemomma010
Junior Lexiterian

Re: Kids outdoors v electronics

Postby goldemomma010 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Probably the generation today is transitioning and rely more on the internet words. But also I miss the time wherein we heard words coming from nature or whenever we play outside we learned some words.

Return to “Res Diversae”