Spelling in quiz games

You have letters - now what do you do with them?
ClaireM
Junior Lexiterian

Spelling in quiz games

Postby ClaireM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 am

Hello I am Claire and I am a new visitor to your site.
I went into Dr. Goodword's Office and followed a couple of the "confused words" quizzes. I am certain that the word you have as "viscuous" should be "viscous" which leads to the related word "viscosity" etc. Perhaps it was a vacuous mistake?!

Also, please inform the lady who considers that Porpoises and Dolphins are fish that they are not: they are marine mammals. Let's have some accuracy here even if it is a game!

I found your site via www.freerice.com. A few minutes a day soon expands your vocabulary. If you get enough points they send you nice messages. When it gets to 100,000 points it has to start counting again ! All members should get on that site and get those firms with the cash to donate rice.

Cheers ClaireM

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: Spelling in quiz games

Postby Stargzer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello I am Claire and I am a new visitor to your site.
I went into Dr. Goodword's Office and followed a couple of the "confused words" quizzes. I am certain that the word you have as "viscuous" should be "viscous" which leads to the related word "viscosity" etc. Perhaps it was a vacuous mistake?!

Also, please inform the lady who considers that Porpoises and Dolphins are fish that they are not: they are marine mammals. Let's have some accuracy here even if it is a game!

I found your site via www.freerice.com. A few minutes a day soon expands your vocabulary. If you get enough points they send you nice messages. When it gets to 100,000 points it has to start counting again ! All members should get on that site and get those firms with the cash to donate rice.

Cheers ClaireM
I think I once visited FreeRice from a link here at the Agora. Perhaps Andrew the Board God could slip a link in either on the main page or the AlphaAgora page.

I'm sure it's quite possible that Miss Spelling wasn't looking when that was posted. If The Good Doctor Goodword doesn't see this in a week or so drop him a PM or an email.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “Spelling”