Spell Checker???

You have letters - now what do you do with them?
mamawsandy
Junior Lexiterian

Spell Checker???

Postby mamawsandy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:27 pm

You guys, I really need a spell checker on this site. Can you manage it? I am totally right-brained. Can't do math or spell worth a darn. Is there one here that I haven't found? Well, I am blonde, so what do you expect?
mamawsandy :roll:
mamawsandy
I'm a Steel Magnolia
Tough but gentle
Like a lady

KatyBr
Wordmaster

Postby KatyBr » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:28 am

try composing your messages in a form that has spell-check, like outlook express, or Word. If you wait too long to compose in these message boxes your post could vanish anyway, another app is suggested.

Kt

mamawsandy
Junior Lexiterian

Postby mamawsandy » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:30 pm

Gotcha. Will try to find a way to do this. I hope you are having a joyful day. mamawsandy :D
mamawsandy
I'm a Steel Magnolia
Tough but gentle
Like a lady

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:35 pm

Mamawsandy, for those of us who in the heat of the moment tend to reply directly and forget to compose first in, say, Word™, it's good to know that Google Toolbar provides an orthographic control (spellcheck) that works perfectly well on, e g, draughts of postings to the Agora. Personally I use Firefox as my web browser (thanks, Tim !), but I'm sure you can download a version for IE as well. Really quite useful - if only I could remember to use it !...

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

tcward
Wordmaster

Postby tcward » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:54 pm

Yes, Henri, I was going to suggest the Google Toolbar for mamawsandy as well. The Google webpage downloads the appropriate version for the browser you are using to view their site -- but it currently is available only for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

Both versions provide a spell-checker for the respective browser.

-Tim

mamawsandy
Junior Lexiterian

Postby mamawsandy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Thanks for this tip. I will look into this.
mamawsandy
I'm a Steel Magnolia
Tough but gentle
Like a lady

Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

Postby Sunny » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi mamawsandy,

Although the google toolbar is a great application, I use a little application called Word Web. You can find the free download here http://wordweb.info/free/. I love this application and call it up when I need it. :D
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

CaringSpirits
Junior Lexiterian

My sister swares by this place for tarot and spells

Postby CaringSpirits » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:50 pm

I just used http://www.caringspirits.com because my sister had amazing luck with a couple of her spells: a love spell, and now a career spell. She also said that a Tarot Reading she go was right on. Because of course, my sis can't use anyone I would recommend, she's gotta find her own way. But it worked! I'm just glad she didn't waste her money, but of course, she's happy she's in love. Actually he's a cool guy, and I am happy for them. Read about her spell casting review HERE if you want.

Let me know if anyone else knows of other places that "REALLY" work for spells and tarot readings?

anders
Lexiterian

Re: My sister swares by this place for tarot and spells

Postby anders » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:31 pm

Let me know if anyone else knows of other places that "REALLY" work for spells and tarot readings?
We were discussing spell checking, not spell promoting.
Irren ist männlich

gailr
Grand Panjandrum

Postby gailr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, Anders, this is a grave concern and on-topic.

Wannabees (don't confuse with blessedbees) who aren't careful with spelling and pronunciation (particularly when using archaic languages because like they're so cool) could achieve unintended consequences. Like accidentally banning their own spam.

If only.

gailr

sluggo
Grand Panjandrum

Re: My sister swares by this place for tarot and spells

Postby sluggo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:46 pm

We were discussing spell checking, not spell promoting.
Well it does work as a pun, though way overwrought and apparently a commercial :cry:
Stop! Murder us not, tonsured rumpots! Knife no one, fink!

Perry
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Perry » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:52 pm

Mamawsandy, for those of us who in the heat of the moment tend to reply directly and forget to compose first in, say, Word™, it's good to know that Google Toolbar provides an orthographic control (spellcheck) that works perfectly well on, e g, draughts of postings to the Agora. Personally I use Firefox as my web browser (thanks, Tim !), but I'm sure you can download a version for IE as well. Really quite useful - if only I could remember to use it !...

Henri
Tim and Henri, thanks for pointing this out. I have Google toolbar, but never really noticed the spellcheck icon. I just tried it on this message; and it is so much quicker than opening up another program to compose in, and then doing the old cut and paste!
"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once. Lately it hasn't been working."
Anonymous

skinem
Grand Panjandrum

Postby skinem » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:25 pm

Well, the "spells" post isn't false advertising...the author did ask if we knew of any spells that ""REALLY"" worked!
No, I don't know any "spells" that "really" "work".

(Firefox user here, too. Like it much better than IE. Don't get near the freezes and seizes and popups.)

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:45 am

Believe me, if I knew a spell that worked, I would have cast it on CaringSpirits and all of her spamming ilk long ago.

But as to the topic, I just open another αDictionary home page window and do a lookup on words I think look funny, like lienient. :)
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Huny
Lexiterian

Postby Huny » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Henri
Tim and Henri, thanks for pointing this out. I have Google toolbar, but never really noticed the spellcheck icon. I just tried it on this message; and it is so much quicker than opening up another program to compose in, and then doing the old cut and paste!
Wow! I was thinking so far "in" side the box that I never thought about looking up at my Google toolbar. I made a few adjustments and presto-spell check was there. Thanks guys! :D Now if only we could work on my grammar...

Huny- who has more verbal skills that written/spelling skills. :oops: BTW: Funny how Google pegged "Huny" as wrong...the story of my life... :(
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compaired to what lies inside us." R.W.E.

Return to “Spelling”