Welcome to our new Agora

The Alpha Agora will be a permanent home for discussions of words and language.
Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:20 pm

Seja bem-vinda, Ensolarada.

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Jonah the Whale
Junior Lexiterian

Postby Jonah the Whale » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:03 pm

Are you being a bit querulous there bd?

Grogie
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Grogie » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:18 am

Welcome Sunny! You will indeed encounter many an interesting word here.

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:26 am

Well, Sunny, seeing your radiant smile, one can certainly understand how you got your (nick)name (or was it the other way 'round ?) ! Hope you post often and let us hear about the fascinating words and phrases you come across !...

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

Stunning!

Postby Sunny » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:08 pm

A most amazing welcome, and I do thank you all! (Makes a little prayer not to screw up the grammar of the English language too many times). I do admit to having to find an online translator for Brazilian dude's post, which is always a great adventure, thank you!

I do not believe that I have a larger capacity for words than the average person, and I am a quiet person for the most part, but I do tend to use different words when I speak. This often leaves people staring at me with blank looks upon their faces. Hopefully one of them will be curious enough to find a dictionary and in that moment that they crack the spine of the dictionary and turn the pages; perhaps just one of them will find a passion for words!
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

Sunny
Junior Lexiterian

Postby Sunny » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:57 pm

An affectionate welcome to our newest member, devozione! For those of you who have made me feel so welcome here at the alpha agora I am pleased to introduce my lovely daughter and word devotee to this great forum. :lol:

Now there are two of us, lets hope devozione has a better handle on her matutinal coffee than I do!
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

devozione
Junior Lexiterian

Postby devozione » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:15 pm

Oh dear!! I haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet, and here I find my darling mother doing it for me!

In this case... cheers to all of the wonderful Alpha Angora members! I can tell that there is much to learn here!

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:42 pm

乾杯!

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Grogie
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Grogie » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:52 pm

Welcome Devozione. It,s wonderful that you,ve inherited your mother,s love for words! Again, welcome.

M. Henri Day
Grand Panjandrum

Postby M. Henri Day » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:20 pm

In this case... cheers to all of the wonderful Alpha Angora members! I can tell that there is much to learn here!
Ma carissima devozione, «angora» is just the fur we wear down our backs, not the plaza where we go to display it ! Nice, at any rate, to have you on the square with us !...

Henri
曾记否,到中流击水,浪遏飞舟?

devozione
Junior Lexiterian

Postby devozione » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:19 pm

Hah, Look at that! The first post I make here, and there is a giant typo. Oh dear, I'm off to a fantastic start, aren't I? :oops:

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:25 pm

We shall all love you, Devozione. Don't worry. Errare humanum est, contribuire ad Agoram omnium apex vitae est.

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Apoclima
Senior Lexiterian

Postby Apoclima » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:40 pm

Welcome, Devozione! Errors and all! We love imperfect people here (not that we hate the perfect, right , BD?).

Post away without fear,

Apo
'Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination.' -Max Planck

Brazilian dude
Grand Panjandrum

Postby Brazilian dude » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:47 pm

Am I crazy to say no?

Brazilian dude
Languages rule!

Stargzer
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Stargzer » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 am

Hah, Look at that! The first post I make here, and there is a giant typo. Oh dear, I'm off to a fantastic start, aren't I? :oops:

That's why you will see the Edit button on the upper right of your post. :wink: I've used it many a time. Sometimes to add something I'd forgotten to add to the original post, sometimes to change something I farbled up in the original post. :)
Last edited by Stargzer on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards//Larry

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
-- Attributed to Richard Henry Lee

Return to “WELCOME HOME!”