The 57 alphabets built on Egyptian hieroglyphics

Miscellaneous Other Topics.
Dr. Goodword
Site Admin

The 57 alphabets built on Egyptian hieroglyphics

Postby Dr. Goodword » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:31 am

I just posted a graphic display of all the alphabets founded on Egyptian hieroglyphics on my Facebook page. Yep, the English alphabet is one of them.
• The Good Dr. Goodword

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Re: The 57 alphabets built on Egyptian hieroglyphics

Postby Slava » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:51 pm

To me it's odd that Georgian and Armenian are in the descendants of Greek blob, yet they don't appear at all visually related.

I tried teaching myself Georgian once upon a time, but soon learned that I am not good at that. I can be taught by others, but not in the vacuum of my own instruction.
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

bbeeton
Senior Lexiterian

Postby bbeeton » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:54 pm

Well, Slava, consider the Tom Lehrer diktat: "He's from Georgia, and he doesn't speak the language very well."

bnjtokyo
Lexiterian

Postby bnjtokyo » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:07 am

I would like to see that graphic setting out the alphabets based on hieroglyphics, but, not having a Facebook account and lacking the intend to have one, I cannot see your Facebook page. Would you please post the graphic someplace more generally accessible?

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:31 am

I can't figure out how to post it as an actual image, but this link seems to work for me, and I don't have one of those accounts, either:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=64A7DF92
Life is like playing chess with chessmen who each have thoughts and feelings and motives of their own.

bnjtokyo
Lexiterian

Postby bnjtokyo » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:31 pm

Thank you, Slava. Your link worked differently than the original. The original led me to the Facebook sign in page.

Slava
Great Grand Panjandrum

Postby Slava » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:54 pm

Truth be told, all I did was close the log-in block and it allowed me to read the post. You can read the comments, too, but not make any yourself. I'm with you, though, on not having those "social" media accounts. I don't want one mega-conglomerate knowing absolutely everything about me. :twisted:

Return to “Res Diversae”